Every year in North Carolina, more than 2,000 pedestrians are involved in accidents with motor vehicles. Pedestrian Accidents are a major public health issue and are responsible for far too many tragic and preventable injuries and deaths each year.
If you or a loved one was hit by a motor vehicle while walking, jogging, or biking, you may be entitled to compensation for your pain, suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. At The Rhodes Firm, we will fight hard to protect your rights and secure the full and fair compensation you deserve after a Pedestrian Accident.
The Facts Are:
- Pedestrian accidents were responsible for 179 fatalities in NC
- On average, a pedestrian is killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours
- Every 8 minutes a pedestrian is injured in a traffic collision
- There was an estimated 65,000 pedestrians who were injured due to traffic accidents across the U.S, and 4,884 fatalities
On every trip, pedestrians face an increased risk of injury, and even death, when compared to occupants of passenger vehicles. However, there are several steps that North Carolina pedestrians can take to protect themselves and reduce their risk of being involved in a tragic Pedestrian Accident:
- Use the Crosswalk: Whenever possible, use a designated crosswalk when crossing the street. Crosswalks alert drivers to be aware of pedestrians in the area and are extremely important in preventing Pedestrian Accidents.
- Stick to the Sidewalk: It is always best to avoid walking in the street. If you are walking or running along a road where there is no sidewalk, walk on the shoulder of the road, facing oncoming traffic. This allows drivers to see you earlier and gives them more time to react.
- Be Cautious at Night: If you are walking, jogging or biking after dark, be extremely cautious and make yourself clearly visible to oncoming vehicles. Nearly 3 out of every 4 pedestrian fatalities in 2013 took place after dark. Always wear bright, reflective colors and avoid dark clothing if you are going out at night.
The Rhodes Firm is Here to Help
If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in a Pedestrian Accident that was not your fault, The Rhodes Firm is here to help. Call us today at (704) 891-2494 to speak with one of our experienced North Carolina Pedestrian Accident attorneys absolutely FREE.
Schedule a consultation with attorney Khalif J. Rhodes Today!